Categories
Australia

Family of ELEVEN with nine kids under the age of 17 miraculously survive terrifying house fire

A family with nine children under 17 who narrowly escaped a harrowing house fire are devastated after losing all their possessions and their puppy.

The two-storey home on Jacaranda Avenue in Logan Central, south of Brisbane, went up in flames at 9.30 on Thursday morning.

The mother and father and their six girls and three boys aged between two and 17 miraculously escaped the blaze with help from their neighbours.

Emergency services were called to extinguish the blaze but nothing could be saved from the inferno.

A family with nine children under the age of 17 who narrowly escaped a harrowing house fire (pictured) are devastated after losing all their possessions and their puppy

A family with nine children under the age of 17 who narrowly escaped a harrowing house fire (pictured) are devastated after losing all their possessions and their puppy

Emergency services were called to extinguish the blaze and neighbours helped the parents, six girls and three boys aged between two and 17, escape the inferno safely

Emergency services were called to extinguish the blaze and neighbours helped the parents, six girls and three boys aged between two and 17, escape the inferno safely

Family friend Sarai Sarai said the family was ‘traumatised’ in a heartbreaking Facebook post.  

‘This family of nine children and parents are safe however are understandably traumatised and have lost absolutely everything including the loss of their family puppy,’ she wrote.

‘The kids urgently need clothing and shoes, nappies, food, blankets and pillows.’

Ivy Tafa Tuimavave, a kind-hearted neighbour, opened her home to the family.

‘She is already cooking, shopping for food and nappies, assisting police and doing everything she can to assist.’ 

The two-storey home on Jacaranda Avenue in Logan Central, south of Brisbane, went up in flames at 9.30 on Thursday morning (pictured)

The two-storey home on Jacaranda Avenue in Logan Central, south of Brisbane, went up in flames at 9.30 on Thursday morning (pictured)

Family friend Sarai Sarai said the family are 'traumatised' in a heartbreaking Facebook post (family and emergency workers pictured)

Family friend Sarai Sarai said the family are ‘traumatised’ in a heartbreaking Facebook post (family and emergency workers pictured)

Ms Sarai urged anyone willing to help to drop supplies off to Jacaranda Avenue.

Members of the community have rallied around the family, asking about the children’s clothes sizes, if any have food allergies and offering bedding supplies.

‘Do any of the children have allergies to food? I’ll be doing a grocery shop after school,’ one woman offered.

‘I’ll go through my boys clothes and drop off to you tonight! I’m so glad that you and all your neighbours kids are safe. Talofae, love your guts x,’ wrote another. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.