A mother is terrified for the life of her pets and children after receiving a terrifying note in her mailbox.
Gold Coast animal attendant Dyani Pinnell found a note telling her to keep her dog ‘shut’ or it would be baited, leaving her scared that her dogs or children might be poisoned.
Ms Pinnell said she is home for maternity leave and her 11-year-old staffy cross only occasionally barks while going to the toilet in the backyard twice a day.
A mother and animal attendant is terrified for the life of her pets and children after receiving a terrifying note (pictured) in her mailbox
Ms Pinnell (pictured) said her 11-year-old staffy cross only occasionally barks
Gold Coast resident Dyani Pinnell found a note telling her to keep her dog ‘shut’ or it would be baited, leaving her scared that her dogs or children might be poisoned. Pictured: 11 year old Marli is a staffy cross
The mum to a one and four-year-old, pleaded for advice on a community Facebook page, reported the Gold Coast Bulletin.
Three year old Sarge (pictured) is her daughter’s ‘protector’ the mum said
‘Please keep in mind that if this threat were carried out, it could have devastating consequences – I have a one year old son who loves playing outside,’ she wrote.
‘As you can imagine, at that age, everything goes straight into the mouth. Do you really want that on your conscience?’
Ms Pinnell, who has had her older dog Marli since she was born eleven years ago, and also has a Great Dane cross, three year old Sarge, said her pets were like her ‘children’.
‘I watched Marli being born and rubbed her mum’s back, she was my first baby and has been by my side as my two human babies have grown,’ she said.
‘She’s my best friend and Sarge is my daughter’s best friend and protector. It would absolutely destroy our worlds if something ever happened to either of them.’
The animal attendant at Animal Welfare League in Queensland said she contacted the RSPCA, council and Queensland police about the threat.
RSPCA Queensland said intentionally poisoning an animal has a maximum penalty of a year’s imprisonment or a $40,035 fine.
Ms Pinnell is worried one of her children might accidentally pick up bait left for the dogs (pictured dogs Marli on the left and Sarge on the right)
This post was first published on DailyMail.