in

Woman, 26, is set on fire after flame from hibachi grill ‘exploded’ in her face during birthday meal

A 26-year-old woman from Arkansas has been left with second-degree burns after a flame ‘exploded’ in her face at a teppenyaki restaurant.

Samantha Myers was celebrating her birthday with loved ones at Kimono Japanese Steak House in Paragould on Sunday.

But when the chef squirted flammable liquid onto the hibachi grill in a heart shape then added a flame, it exploded in her face.

‘It happened so fast, I kind of just jumped back and I was like, “I’m on fire”,’ Myers told ABC 7.  

Samantha Myers was badly burned while celebrating her birthday on Sunday. Her hair was singed

Samantha Myers was badly burned while celebrating her birthday on Sunday. Her hair was singed

She obtained second-degree burns on her neck and chest

She obtained second-degree burns on her neck and chest

 Samantha Myers was badly burned while celebrating her birthday on Sunday. She obtained second-degree burns on her neck and chest and her hair was singed

When the chef squirted flammable liquid onto the hibachi grill in a heart shape then added a flame, it exploded in her face. Pictured is a 2014 image from Kimono Japanese Steak House

When the chef squirted flammable liquid onto the hibachi grill in a heart shape then added a flame, it exploded in her face. Pictured is a 2014 image from Kimono Japanese Steak House

When the chef squirted flammable liquid onto the hibachi grill in a heart shape then added a flame, it exploded in her face. Pictured is a 2014 image from Kimono Japanese Steak House

She said the fireball erupted after the chef added another flammable heart while the first was still burning. 

The victim told the NEA Report that her father-in-law believes the lid popped off when the chef squirted the liquid. 

On Tuesday doctors were treating her for an eye infection

On Tuesday doctors were treating her for an eye infection

On Tuesday doctors were treating her for an eye infection

Myers thought the flame had hit her mother-in-law at first but then she realized she was alight. According to family members, the chef was also on fire. 

Myers ran to the bathroom and splashed her face with water. She said her charred hair was all over the sink. 

Her six-year-old son and seven-year-old daughter were present during the incident. Her little girl was in the bathroom at the time but was horrified when she saw her mother run in to use the sink.

Myers also claimed that when family members asked restaurant staff for help, they did not come to the rescue. 

The victim noted that Kimono Japanese Steak House didn’t charge them for the birthday meal.

Myers was rushed to hospital and was treated for first-degree burns on her face and second-degree burns on her neck and chest. Her visit lasted four hours and she was given morphine and pain killers. 

Images showed her bubbled skin in the aftermath of the incident.

She lost her eyelashes, eyebrows and hair on her head was singed, leaving her in tears when she noticed what had happened.

Myers said she was unsure whether she had nerve damage but she couldn’t feel her lip.

One Tuesday doctors were treating her for an eye infection and she fears her vision may have been affected by the incident.

Additionally she claims to be having nightmares about being set on fire. 

Myers has called the restaurant ‘careless’ and now she plans to sue.

ABC 7 reported that restaurant refused to comment on the incident.

‘I just feel emotionally and physically drained,’ Myers said. ‘I’m tired and I’m hurting pretty badly.’

Myers said: 'I just feel emotionally and physically drained. I'm tired and I'm hurting pretty badly'

Myers said: 'I just feel emotionally and physically drained. I'm tired and I'm hurting pretty badly'

Myers said: ‘I just feel emotionally and physically drained. I’m tired and I’m hurting pretty badly’

Now she plans to sue the restaurant. ABC 7 reported that restaurant refused to comment on the incident

Now she plans to sue the restaurant. ABC 7 reported that restaurant refused to comment on the incident

Now she plans to sue the restaurant. ABC 7 reported that restaurant refused to comment on the incident

Powered by: Daily Mail – US

Report

What do you think?

Written by cerebralstudio626

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Loading…

0

Comments

0 comments

Mars formed slowly over the course of 20 million years

Jim Carrey is dubbed a ‘sleazebag’ after interview with female journalist